“And the second greatest commandment is love your neighbor as yourself.” —Matthew 22:39
Thank you for your consideration in joining the SOS Team!
SOS is a care ministry that alerts FBG family members when practical needs occur within our body or our neighboring community, so we can meet those needs as the hands and feet of Christ. The goal of SOS is to pair those in need of non-cash goods or services with someone who can provide help, or organize others to fulfill a need. As a member of the SOS team, you will be notified of requests via the SOS email alerts list.
The following are the guidelines that will be followed as we consider requests:
- SOS requests are limited to the FBG church body and neighboring community.
- Every attempt is made to review, approve, and post requests within one week of receipt.
- Requests must be for non-cash goods or services ONLY.
SOS needs may include such things as:
- Provide a ride for a church service, essential shopping, an appointment or to/from work
- Provide a meal for a family experiencing grief or a health issue
- Provide help with deliveries
- Provide home repairs
- Provide help with moving
- Provide help with yard work
- Provide temporary housing
- Provide temporary use of a vehicle
- Provide emergency assistance (eg. food, water, hygiene supplies)
SOS needs do NOT include such things as:
- Financial assistance.
- Needs requiring the services of a professional such as a doctor, nurse, plumber, or electrician.
- Ongoing or long-term assistance.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the SOS team and receiving email alerts as requests are communicated to the team, please click the button below:
We appreciate your willingness to take the next step of using your gifts to serve alongside us!