What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry trains FBG members to provide one-to-one distinctively Christian care to individuals who are currently experiencing life difficulties.
Kevin Ueckert's Story
What is a Stephen Minister?
- A church member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected and trained to serve in this role.
- A fellow Christian who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages.
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long there’s a need.
In what situations can a Stephen Minister help?
We all experience challenges in life—times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the care you need when faced with any difficulty or crisis, such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Life transition
- Stress related to child-rearing
- Stress related to caring for a loved one
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or job crisis
- Terminal or chronic illness
- Birth, adoption or infertility
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- Deployment of a loved one for military service
If you would like to become a Stephen Minister or you would like to request to meet with a Stephen Minister, please click the button below.